Monday, April 13, 2009

Getting Married

Planning a wedding can be very tedious. I'm getting married soon and I didn't think it would cost so much or take as much time as it does. The guest list and the wedding location were the toughest decisions. I always wanted a small, intimate wedding but my family isn't small, so I couldn't invite everyone. It was hard to reject some people but in the end I'm happy with my decision because the wedding will be exactly what my fiance and I wanted. For the most part, everyone has been understanding and encouraging. I believe the main focus of any wedding should be about the bride and groom and their commitment to one another, not about whats on the menu. I think people have lost the true meaning of a wedding. They get caught up in tradition or pleasing others that they forget what's important. I'm not going to be the bride that stresses over the wedding so much that she forgets to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment